OPPERATION CHILDREN'S SHELTER
Help us raise the awareness of the San Antonio Children's Shelter!...We are implimenting a 5 stage campaign to do as much as possible to help the Children living at the shelter. Your support and involvement is greatly appreciated!
1. Opperation Shoes and Jackets! - COMPLETE
Phase one of the opperation was designed to help keep the kids warm this winter! We completed a three week Tennis Shoe and Jacket drive and we are proud to announce we will be dropping off over 70 pairs of Tennis Shoes and roughly 30 Jackets!!!....Pictured below, SA United full time staff with the donations before they were packed for delivery.
2. Opperation Christmas Gift - COMPLETE
We are going to hand deliver 60 shoebox’s filled with lots of toys and goodies to the children at the Shelter on December 9th and we need your help….
If you are able to help and provide us with a gift filled shoes box to help us meet our target, please follow the instructions below: We need the box’s in the office by no later than December 8th at 12pm.
MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE THROUGH A SMALL GIFT!
Your gift filled shoebox can put a smile on a child's face this Christmas at the San Antonio Children's Shelter
A small shoebox can have a big impact. What goes into the box is fun, but what comes out of it is special. Individuals and families decide whether they will pack a shoebox for a boy or a girl and then look for gifts appropriate for a specific age range. They then search for items to delight a child: a toy car or a jump rope, a slinky or a doll. They look for practical things like pencils and paper, and necessary items such as a toothbrush and toothpaste.
How to fill your shoebox:
1. Use an empty cardboard or plastic shoebox (average size). Please wrap the box, and lid separately.
2. Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Mark the correct age category and tape the label to the top of your box.
3. Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child - see gift suggestions below
4. Place a rubber band around your closed shoeboxes .DO NOT SEAL THE BOX. Drop off your shoebox at the SA United office on or before MONDAY 8TH DECEMBER.
Gift suggestions are as follows:
· Toys: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
· School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
· Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
· Accessories: t-shirts, socks, tights, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, hair bands, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries).
· Candy: All candy must be wrapped, in its original packaging and with an expiration date of at least March 2015.
· Do Not Include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
Once your box is ready, please bring it by the SA United office located at 10942 Wye Drive, Suite 203 and place your Shoebox under the SA United Christmas tree!
***Below, several members of the full time staff with the 102 boxes donated!!!
3. Opperation Impact Day - COMPLETE
Wow, what a fantastic experience. We have just completed Operation Impact day!! The full time staff and a group of players from the club made a visit to the shelter to spend over an hour playing soccer with the kids before gifting them with their shoe box filled with lots of toys and goodies! The club worked together to donate 102 filled boxes!!! Could not have been a better experience for the club and for the players involved. Today we really made an impact in the lives of these young children. We now look forward to continuing with Operation Children’s Shelter in the new year when we announce information on Operation Donate!
4. Opperation Donate - info coming soon
5. Opperation 'United For Hope Tournament